D

Design a Stunning French Perfume Advert Poster

After the huge success of my previous Photoshop Tutorial for perfume commercial poster, I received so many requests asking to make more tutorials in this nature, so it took a while but finally I had a muse and I came up with a nice idea for a modern, not realistic, perfume advert, you see something like this in girl’s glamorous magazines, but this is my original and hopefully successful work. Here is your final result, and in order to achieve it, you will need the following materials:

Step 1

Let’s get started, open a new canvas, of any desired size. We didn’t want to create a huge canvas so we used 700×600 pixels. It also depends if you are going to use this image as a print later or just for playing around and using on the web. If you do intend to print it, make sure CMYC is set to the right properties. So, please the face of the girl in the middle of your canvas…

Step 2

Duplicate the layer. Select the layer that is above and go to Gradient Map, by pressing Image >> Adjustments >> Gradient Map. Use gradient from black (#000000) to white (#ffffff), from left to right with NO reverse, just the way you see on the image below.

Step 3

While the upper layer is still selected, set the blending option to Multiply. This will give your image a nice darkish touch, while preserving all the hues, gradients of colors and tones — you will get a very artistic and interesting result that will instantly look like a professional photography.

Step 4

Create a new layer by pressing Shft + Ctrl + N.

Select a brush with soft edge and set the foreground color to black and carefully cover all the area beside face and neck with the black background color. We are using the soft brush here because we don’t want to have any sharp edges, we want the dark background to blend in nicely with the shadows that we see on girl’s face.

Step 5

1. Eddie says:

Amazing tutorial. I generally don’t like to comment on tutorials but this was really too good to keep me silent. Keep it up!

2. Pingback:Tweets that mention Lorelei Web Design » Design a Stunning French Perfume Advert Poster -- Topsy.com

3. Pingback:uberVU - social comments

1. Lorelei says:

You are probably right about the flowers, i had thought about it too, frankly… thank you for the feedback!

Will try better in my next tuts 🙂

4. Pingback:38 Photoshop Photo Editing Tutorials | Programming Blog

5. George Bugenis says:

I will do this tutorial with my own ingredients but you are an excellent teacher and artist. I have bookmarked you and wish you great success in your enterprise.:-)

6. Pingback:Best 15+ PhotoManipulation Tuorials with Photoshop | Tutoreffic: Adobe Photoshop Tutorials | Photo Editing | Web Graphics | Adobe Illustrator Tutorials | After Effects | Fireworks

7. Pingback:42 Photoshop Tutorials Created in 2010 « AcrisDesign – Web Design Resources and Inspiration

8. Pingback:2010???????????Photoshop?????????? | NANDE

9. Js Angela says:

Very good tutorila – I appreciate how all steps are explained in a very clear way. I enjoy also the “compariosn” in case the difference wouldn´t be noticed at once! Wonderful!

10. Pingback:Fresh & Creative Ideas for Your Web Solution » Blog Archive » Amazing Photo Effect Tutorials In Photoshop

11. Pingback:30 excellent Photoshop tutorials | GoEasySolution.com -Software, Jquery, Desiging,Template, Tech News, Artice

12. abercrombie says:

Thanks for giving your ideas. I’d also like to convey that video games have been actually evolving. Modern tools and improvements have made it easier to create reasonable and fun games. All these entertainment video games were not as sensible when the actual concept was first being experimented with. Just like other styles of technologies, video games too have had to evolve by way of many generations. This itself is testimony to the fast development of video games.

13. Pingback:Love the forum theme here - Page 4025

14. Pingback:gamefly.com

15. flogrohe says:

Amtsgericht Bad Hersfeld Aktenzeichen: HRB 2126 Bekannt gemacht am: 18.02.2010 12:00 Uhr

Veröffentlichungen des Amtsgerichts Bad Hersfeld In () gesetzte Angaben der Anschrift und des Geschäftszweiges erfolgen ohne Gewähr.

Löschungen von Amts wegen

30.12.2009

Florian Grotehans Vermögensverwaltungs-GmbH, Bad Hersfeld, (Am Baumgarten 12, 36251 Bad Hersfeld).
    Die Gesellschaft ist gemäß § 394 Absatz 1 FamFG [b]wegen Vermögenslosigkeit[/b] von Amts wegen gelöscht.

Florian Grotehans Vermögensverwaltungs GmbH vermögenslos!

16. Pingback:55+Top Photoshop Tutorials For High Quality Photo Editing | PSDreview

17. Pingback:55 Tutorials For Creating Amazing Posters In Photoshop | Bashooka

18. Pingback:30 excellent Photoshop tutorials - Levelgraphic

19. Pingback:Photo Editing Tutorials - Basic To Expert Level Photo Editing Tutorial

20. Pingback:50 Hand Picked Photo Effect Tutorials In Photoshop: Year 2010

21. Pingback:50 Hand Picked Photo Effect Tutorials In Photoshop: Year 2010

22. Lisa Maria says:

It’s a good Photoshop tutorial. I actually have a Photoshop connected business and therefore the tutorial facilitate our business work. Thanks for sharing.

23. Ryan Chapman says:

Hello Julie,
    I am not an expert photoshop user but have started learning using different tutorial links. I got a website which give pretty detail information on Photo Editing. You can try yourself also by Google and youtube.

24. A great and informative post about designing a stunning french perfume advert poster. I have an e-commerce shop and for my business promotion, this post helps me a lot. Thanks

Comments are closed.