Design a Stunning French Perfume Advert Poster

After the huge success of my previous Photoshop Tutorial for perfume commercial poster, I received so many requests asking to make more tutorials in this nature, so it took a while but finally I had a muse and I came up with a nice idea for a modern, not realistic, perfume advert, you see something like this in girl’s glamorous magazines, but this is my original and hopefully successful work. Here is your final result, and in order to achieve it, you will need the following materials:

Step 1

Let’s get started, open a new canvas, of any desired size. We didn’t want to create a huge canvas so we used 700×600 pixels. It also depends if you are going to use this image as a print later or just for playing around and using on the web. If you do intend to print it, make sure CMYC is set to the right properties. So, please the face of the girl in the middle of your canvas…

Step 2

Duplicate the layer. Select the layer that is above and go to Gradient Map, by pressing Image >> Adjustments >> Gradient Map. Use gradient from black (#000000) to white (#ffffff), from left to right with NO reverse, just the way you see on the image below.

Step 3

While the upper layer is still selected, set the blending option to Multiply. This will give your image a nice darkish touch, while preserving all the hues, gradients of colors and tones — you will get a very artistic and interesting result that will instantly look like a professional photography.

Step 4

Create a new layer by pressing Shft + Ctrl + N.

Select a brush with soft edge and set the foreground color to black and carefully cover all the area beside face and neck with the black background color. We are using the soft brush here because we don’t want to have any sharp edges, we want the dark background to blend in nicely with the shadows that we see on girl’s face.

Step 5

Pages: 1 2 3 4

• Reply Eddie January 2, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Amazing tutorial. I generally don’t like to comment on tutorials but this was really too good to keep me silent. Keep it up!

• Reply Tweets that mention Lorelei Web Design » Design a Stunning French Perfume Advert Poster -- Topsy.com January 2, 2010 at 11:22 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by HowDo.us, LoreleiWeb. LoreleiWeb said: Design a Stunning French Perfume Advert Poster http://goo.gl/fb/yb7N […]

• Reply uberVU - social comments January 3, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by LoreleiWeb: Design a Stunning French Perfume Advert Poster http://goo.gl/fb/yb7N

• Reply faiz January 3, 2010 at 8:41 pm

dear Lorelei
    your tutorial is more stunning than the french perfume.
    thanks 4 all

• Reply web design company London January 4, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Hay Lorelei!

Awesome tutorial, I really like that, the cool color combination but the “flowers”, they really don go with he theme. Anyway good job!

Regards,
    Web Design Company London

• Reply Lorelei January 9, 2010 at 5:34 pm

You are probably right about the flowers, i had thought about it too, frankly… thank you for the feedback!

Will try better in my next tuts 🙂

• Reply Linda January 4, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Great tut, been looking for something like this. Thanks!

• Reply Photo Editing India June 26, 2015 at 4:16 am

Wonderful! Really wonderful tutorial& very helpful. Thanks for sharing this creative article.

• Reply esspress January 4, 2010 at 2:58 pm

I agree that the flowers are out of place but I totally love the result, heads up!

• Reply silver January 8, 2010 at 8:32 am

Nice poster, but not stunning. Good work tho!

• Reply Jeanette Kwok January 8, 2010 at 9:31 pm

this is absolutely amazing!

• Reply Shamima Sultana January 13, 2010 at 8:57 am

Very nice tutorial….

• Reply 38 Photoshop Photo Editing Tutorials | Programming Blog January 22, 2010 at 6:47 am

[…] 25. Design a Stunning French Perfume Advert Poster […]

• Reply George Bugenis January 22, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I will do this tutorial with my own ingredients but you are an excellent teacher and artist. I have bookmarked you and wish you great success in your enterprise.:-)

• Reply 42 Photoshop Tutorials Created in 2010 « AcrisDesign – Web Design Resources and Inspiration March 5, 2010 at 9:09 pm

[…] Design a Stunning French Perfume Advert Poster […]

• Reply Idite March 14, 2010 at 1:54 am

Nice tutorial thanks! for shearing!

• Reply Idite March 14, 2010 at 1:56 am

Nice tutorial thanks for shearing!

• Reply 2010???????????Photoshop?????????? | NANDE May 19, 2010 at 8:33 pm

[…] Design A Stunning French Perfume Advert Poster […]

• Reply Al Kamal Md. Razib May 29, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Great tutorials ! Its look like so much buty ! Thank you so much for sharing !

• Reply Clipping Path India June 25, 2010 at 8:09 am

• Reply N. A. Rasack July 7, 2010 at 11:43 am

Very interesting… with simple techniques ! attractive result !

• Reply Js Angela August 26, 2010 at 8:10 am

Very good tutorila – I appreciate how all steps are explained in a very clear way. I enjoy also the “compariosn” in case the difference wouldn´t be noticed at once! Wonderful!

• Reply Fresh & Creative Ideas for Your Web Solution » Blog Archive » Amazing Photo Effect Tutorials In Photoshop October 8, 2011 at 6:17 am

[…] 18. Design a French Perfume Poster […]

• Reply web design doylestown October 21, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Usually I don’t learn post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do it! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice post.

• Reply abercrombie November 1, 2011 at 5:45 am

Thanks for giving your ideas. I’d also like to convey that video games have been actually evolving. Modern tools and improvements have made it easier to create reasonable and fun games. All these entertainment video games were not as sensible when the actual concept was first being experimented with. Just like other styles of technologies, video games too have had to evolve by way of many generations. This itself is testimony to the fast development of video games.

• Reply Love the forum theme here - Page 4025 November 18, 2011 at 1:43 pm

[…] from 88 Deg. I've started some slides in my time, an' don't you forget it. video game rentals rent games gamefly free video game rentals game rentals rent games rent games games game rentals […]

• Reply Opern Random Directory November 20, 2011 at 11:44 am

Nice theme and very easier to learn. This is a new idea in my Graphics part. I think you will success again for this tutorial. thanks for sharing this.

Give us more…

• Reply JohnyisAlive November 22, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Hello just singned up, thought i should say hi!

• Reply gamefly.com November 23, 2011 at 12:50 am

[…] 3 xbox video game rentals gamefly trial gamefly video game rentals gamefly trial games game rentals gamefly […]

• Reply Online Reminder Rings Shop December 10, 2011 at 8:14 am

Fantastic tutorials ! Its look like so much buty and very easier to learn! Thank you so much for sharing !

Keep up this type of post…

• Reply corporate newsletter writing December 10, 2011 at 8:39 am

It’s a nice collection! Thank you very much for your awesome post!!

• Reply flogrohe December 22, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Amtsgericht Bad Hersfeld Aktenzeichen: HRB 2126 Bekannt gemacht am: 18.02.2010 12:00 Uhr

Veröffentlichungen des Amtsgerichts Bad Hersfeld In () gesetzte Angaben der Anschrift und des Geschäftszweiges erfolgen ohne Gewähr.

Löschungen von Amts wegen

30.12.2009

Florian Grotehans Vermögensverwaltungs-GmbH, Bad Hersfeld, (Am Baumgarten 12, 36251 Bad Hersfeld).
    Die Gesellschaft ist gemäß § 394 Absatz 1 FamFG [b]wegen Vermögenslosigkeit[/b] von Amts wegen gelöscht.

Florian Grotehans Vermögensverwaltungs GmbH vermögenslos!

• Reply 55+Top Photoshop Tutorials For High Quality Photo Editing | PSDreview December 24, 2011 at 11:32 am

[…] 17- French Perfume Advert Poster […]

• Reply movers in dallas January 5, 2012 at 7:37 pm

thanks for shearing…Nice tutorial

• Reply 55 Tutorials For Creating Amazing Posters In Photoshop | Bashooka April 15, 2012 at 11:55 am

[…] Tutorial Here : Perfume Commercial […]

• Reply 30 excellent Photoshop tutorials - Levelgraphic February 20, 2013 at 3:48 am

[…] tutorials photoshop : poster […]

• Reply Clipping Path February 26, 2013 at 4:57 am

Now I am also feeling interest to make this type tutorial.

• Reply atik_bd@ymail.com May 13, 2013 at 10:30 am

Really a creative and excellent work. Keep it up. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Photo Editing Tutorials - Basic To Expert Level Photo Editing Tutorial February 9, 2014 at 3:12 pm

[…] Design a Stunning French Perfume Advert Poster […]

• Reply 50 Hand Picked Photo Effect Tutorials In Photoshop: Year 2010 June 27, 2014 at 7:57 am

[…] 18. Design a French Perfume Poster […]

[…] 18. Design a French Perfume Poster […]

• Reply Photo Editing India June 26, 2015 at 4:19 am

Thanks for sharing. Great tutorial.

• Reply remove background service August 17, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Nice tutorial and it’s very helpful for new learner. thanks for sharing

• Reply Md Razaul Karim October 8, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Great work and we get more experience to seen the tutorial. Thanks for sharing……..

• Reply Mishkat Islam October 24, 2015 at 4:53 pm

What a nice tutorial!! Thanks for sharing this.

• Reply Salim Ahmed January 6, 2016 at 5:07 pm

It’s a great photoshop tutorial. I have a photoshop related business and the tutorial help our business work. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply John January 22, 2018 at 10:13 am

I am very much new to your website,as i have satarted my own bolg i.e http://www.abestfashion.com, check out
    latest mehndi designs

• Reply James Hodges January 31, 2018 at 7:42 am

I found this post to be very informative and helpful. I will have to recommend you to my friends. I am very thankful to you for giving this post.

• Reply Charles Clinton Rodrigues March 14, 2018 at 7:20 pm

hey this one is very easy to understand and do!! im jumping right into it!! thanks for the article mate 😀

• Reply Lisa Maria May 26, 2018 at 8:18 am

It’s a good Photoshop tutorial. I actually have a Photoshop connected business and therefore the tutorial facilitate our business work. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Ryan Chapman July 15, 2018 at 11:30 pm

Hello Julie,
    I am not an expert photoshop user but have started learning using different tutorial links. I got a website which give pretty detail information on Photo Editing. You can try yourself also by Google and youtube.