Dark Fantasy Art Photoshop tutorial – Fairy and Sunset Landscap

Dark Fantasy Art tutorial called  “Sleeping Sun” by Lorelei (me!) was originally posted on www.loreleiweb.com The tutorial remains a copyright property of Lorelei © 2009, however,  now it has moved to PSwish.com due to technical / server reasons. We invite all our LoreleiWeb community to subsribe to our feed and make sure you don’t miss any tutorial written by your favorite authors.

Despite been classed as fantasy art, this is a mere photo manipulation – make a fairy and your own mystic scenery; creating a landscape from scrap is now possible! I was inspired by the huge success of my previous fantasy art tut, which I posted in this forum last week… I got quite a few emails thanking me for it and many PS blogs featured it, so I decided to give in to repeated requests from millions of loving fans and do one more fantasy / scenery tut…

This is basically a mix of whats we call “fantasy art” and “dark/ gothic art”

I want to mention in advance that this tutorial is mostly for more experienced users, here we will need to use a lot of “hand work” and common sense; you will be working with your own images, and would need to adjust to the “needs” of your landscape.

So, lets get started… make a new canvas – 600* 400.

Fill your background layer with any dark colour, we chose to do it with blue, but you can use black as well.

Take a picture of a girl… we used this one, from Liam Stock, free photo resource.. ( http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39058232/ <– Full resolution image)

This would depend on the image you use, but try to crop the figure accurately and remove the background.

Select the cropped girl from your canvas, and paste it unto the blue fantasy canvas we will create.

Place her in the middle, not to close to the edge, as she will be our leitmotif.

Next step, you will need different photos in order to combine a landscape.

First off, a photo of a shore. We took a pic offered free by ~gladly.

Press ctrl + a to select the entire water scape, Ctrl + c to copy it, and then , when you go to the fantasy canvas – press Ctrl + V to paste it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

• Reply EXilm January 21, 2009 at 6:18 am

Very nice, good job. I’m going to try this when I have time.

• Reply providence January 21, 2009 at 6:18 am

thanks, i’ll try this later

more fantasy art tutorials pls

• Reply EXilm January 21, 2009 at 6:21 am

I agree providence. Keep em coming

• Reply thagrimiestone January 21, 2009 at 6:22 am

wow thank you very much, i love these kind of tutorials, stuff like this is what makes people (think) about there designs and do there own creative work, thank you again

• Reply mystika_d January 21, 2009 at 6:23 am

this was very nice.
    i gave it a tried, but
    my pictures didn’t
    turn out as nice.

love the tut though

• Reply EXilm January 21, 2009 at 6:23 am

@mystika_d
    Same here, but I didn’t really find any good pictures to work with.
    I’ll get back to this later when I’ve found some pictures.

• Reply Moderator January 21, 2009 at 6:24 am

Try this gallery, the famous Liam Stock:

• Reply providence January 21, 2009 at 6:24 am

i ended up with this

it looks different im not sure what i did wrong

• Reply Trevor October 13, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I don’t know if someone answered your question, but I think you need to remember to “feather” your selection. this keeps it from having a cut-out look. you do this by using: Select>Modify>Feather (usually only 1 or 2 pixels settings)

this will make it blend into the background better. I hope this helps.

• Reply thagrimiestone January 21, 2009 at 6:25 am

Heres my go at it…

• Reply mystika_d January 21, 2009 at 6:25 am

wow! I love that picture
    and the added shadow

• Reply thagrimiestone January 21, 2009 at 6:25 am

^^Thank you very much to both of you

Ya i dont like “copying” tutorials exactly, i just pretty much read it over a few times, then close the page…and try to do my own design of it and see what happens… and thats what i came up with…

P.S. Thank you for the compliment to about the shadow, i thought it brought out the “realness” of the picture alot better

• Reply providence January 21, 2009 at 6:26 am

considering that there’s only 2 of us who posted our work, you’re then referring to me. Well moderator, if you are moderating you’ll see that I copy the work first to see if I can do it, then I post my own work later. If you check the previous Fantasy Art tutorial. Considering I did this at 2am, I didnt have time to do my own. so yeah.

• Reply thagrimiestone January 21, 2009 at 6:27 am

providence, if you read what he said , he said its the most original “So far”, which means there will probably be alot more designs and probably even better ones shown…so ya.. i wouldnt take offense to it, he didnt mean nethign bad buy it towards you or neone else…

Good luck with the next project you plan on doing

• Reply ocean_cruiser January 21, 2009 at 6:28 am

Providence,
    Let me apologize on moderators behalf, i dont think it was ment in that way, only the words sometimes look kinda harsh….
    It was for sure not a reference to your work, which looks good also…and I think Lorelei will agree with me on that.

• Reply PanDa January 21, 2009 at 6:28 am

Yeah it’s v.good, but isn’t the shadow at the wrong side? The light is coming from the distance and the shadow is in the opposite side to where it should be? V.creative design just wondered if it’s only me that thinks that

• Reply thagrimiestone January 21, 2009 at 6:29 am

hmm, well i guess it could depend on the way you look at it…the sun could be really in straight but the angle of the picture it showing it from the side….or…and sun could be higher or lower also, making the shadow angle in many different ways though, lol…

i dk, i personally thought it looked cool right there..

thank you for the interest about it though, but ya, definitely just depends on the way you look at it…as you see, i never go buy what the eyes can see…

i like to “manipualte it” even more…so that sun could be anywhere in the pic, but looking at in a different angle would make the shadow also seem in a different place..

sry if i confused u, i just think differently than most people lol..

• Reply PanDa January 21, 2009 at 6:30 am

Lol i wasn’t slating it as it’s better than what i can do i just thought i’d got the physics wrong, i’m attempting one now but can’t find good enough sources

• Reply smiffy January 21, 2009 at 6:32 am

Since I enjoyed the other tutorial so much, I had to try this one out too.

Not quite to the same standard as the tut but I’m pleased with the end result.

• Reply Lasher January 21, 2009 at 9:14 am

Good evening, people. I just registered because I’m in theprocess of self-learning some Photoshop and I liked this page very much. I hope to learn a bit hehe.
    So, first try at tut! the result is here http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a10…Fairy-Moon.jpg
    (I didnt want to post the full sized one here in case it was too heavy, instead I linked to it)
    So, see you all around.

• Reply NightHawk January 21, 2009 at 9:15 am

I loved this tut this was the result i got i actually like it alot

• Reply ocean_cruiser January 21, 2009 at 9:38 am

Wow….Nighthawk….a really stunning result!!!

And welcome here…hehe….hope to see more of your works!!

• Reply Moderator January 21, 2009 at 9:39 am

Great result NightHawk, very mysterious. I love the colors scheme you came up with! 10/10

• Reply MadMike January 21, 2009 at 9:51 am

Great work nighthawk…its a real good pic…here is mine

• Reply ocean_cruiser January 21, 2009 at 9:51 am

MadMike from constanta (your sure it isnt constantza??…. )

Great outcome…well i do have a comment on the right wing.
    I would place the girl a bit more to the left so that the wing is shown a bit better,but besides that great work!!!

ps..if constantza…rumania…black sea…where you have to pay to get on the beach (at least that was 10 years ago)…

• Reply NightHawk January 21, 2009 at 9:51 am

thanks guys i tryed hehe and this forum is really cool im glad i found it

• Reply The Kangarooster January 21, 2009 at 9:52 am

I was just wondering;

Where might I find the picture of the sky/horizon? I can’t seem to find one that will suffice anywhere.

• Reply Lorelei January 21, 2009 at 10:01 am

@The Kangarooster

Try…

they have tons of great pics, for personal use u can take anything…

• Reply ocean_cruiser January 21, 2009 at 10:02 am

Kangarooster,
    Uploaded an image for you,but dont know if you find it suitable…
    Anyway its made by me and feel free to use it if you want..

• Reply MadMike January 21, 2009 at 10:03 am

or you could might as well go to google>images and search…”sky” ocean horizont” ”clouds” ”sea”….stuff like that

• Reply The Kangarooster January 21, 2009 at 10:18 am

Finished copy

• Reply ocean_cruiser January 21, 2009 at 10:18 am

Kangarooster…..
    Looks very nice, and very sharp too….keep up the good work, hope to see more of your works!!

• Reply Gvinpins January 21, 2009 at 10:25 am

Hm where all of you geting girls foto?
    I only can make them self, canot find any photo storage…
    Also i used diferent levels, and diferent methids, And i realy like this sun, so ty. Realy useful tut.

• Reply ocean_cruiser January 21, 2009 at 10:26 am

Gvinpins,
    Unfortunatly we can not see your work, try uploading them here http://www.imageshack.us.

In case we can be of any assistance feel free to ask.

• Reply delpha.lune January 21, 2009 at 10:26 am

That’s a really cool tut. I love the lighting effects, they’re haunting, and just from what was a simple white circle. Nice!

• Reply d4nwh1t3 January 21, 2009 at 10:27 am

Hi everyone i am just starting out with Photoshop and thought i would try out this TUT!

Heres my attempt!

• Reply thagrimiestone January 21, 2009 at 10:43 am

Props to nighthawk and Gvinpins, your results are FANTASTIC….. everyone elses I also saw are really great also…

But im my humble opinion, gvinpins has the most creativity out of all these, i like it alot,

• Reply Odette January 21, 2009 at 10:44 am

Hi!

Here’s what I came up with, it’s not exactly the same because I wasn’t happy with the way it turned out. Basically the background landscape image had too many colours and it looked funny when I set the girl’s layer to luminosity.

I think it turned out ok.

Please any suggestions would be welcome. I’m very open to positive criticism. ^_^

• Reply vato January 21, 2009 at 10:47 am

Another great tutorial Lorelei I must say you have a talent for capturing ideas, I will try this one also see if my daughter will like herself like this

• Reply PANIC! at the disco January 21, 2009 at 10:48 am

Hi! I’m the newest member as of now This is what I came up with.. (that’s actually me, hehe) I really enjoyed this tutorial and I like what everyone came up with. I wasn’t able to download the brush so I just cropped wings from the internet. I hope it looks good!

• Reply mystika_d January 21, 2009 at 10:48 am

i have a question:

how do you make the wings not transparent? I mean it looks good see through, but i want to make it look more solid…

• Reply El_Puerto January 21, 2009 at 10:49 am

pls pls pls help me. how do i erase the background of a cropped pic? i thought i did exactly what the tutorial says. crop the picture (i’m using different pic) erase the background. but it would’t erase anything. i tried to paste the cropped picture unto the new canvas created, but the erased area is white. it is now 11:35 here. and i’m just about blind. i’m going to bed, hopefully tomorrow i get a response from any good samaritan. i would really appreciate any help. i was successful on the other tutorial.

• Reply CyberGoat January 21, 2009 at 10:49 am

Mines not so good as pics of all of u but i only read tut and then close it….thats my artistic variation about fantasy tut

My mistakes i made:

-croped poorly
    -didnt give wings…i just dont like angels
    -took bad pictures…
    -I made enemy in my girlfriend person

Im using PS from 2 hours.
    Edit/Delete Message

• Reply Bluebear January 21, 2009 at 10:52 am

can someone please show me how to add the wings??? I just Downloaded the brush, but i do not know how to add it to the picture..

thanks!!!

• Reply DemoniWaari January 21, 2009 at 10:54 am

This was so great tut, that I had to register!

My try:

I played with the levels so it aint so… blue?

• Reply ocean_cruiser January 21, 2009 at 10:54 am

DemoniWaari,
    I really like your outcome….only one little point of critic: Looks like you have done something or maybe forget something with the head of the girl….dunno, in my eyes it looks different then the rest of the image…..

But besides that little point (my personal opinion)…good job!!….hope you will share more with us!!

• Reply DemoniWaari January 21, 2009 at 10:54 am

Hmm, maybe I did Though I dont remember doing anything special :/

• Reply Lorelei January 21, 2009 at 10:56 am

DemoniWaari, it’s very original, i like the idea of girl with the wings holding a sword and the sun behind her… my only comment is that the image is bright. i mean real bright… aint it? maybe i have a too bright screen though..

• Reply pshopcslover January 21, 2009 at 12:50 pm

I loved this tutorial and here is my result,

• Reply dreamer January 21, 2009 at 12:51 pm

My first try at a tut here, I liked it very much…

• Reply jking January 21, 2009 at 12:52 pm

this tutorial was great! heres my attempt at creating something similiar, using a picture of myself though. i think it came out alright, i might be able to blend myself in a little better but thats another time., (also the shoreline could be better but this was the best picture i could find, otherwise the waters horizon would be further off)

heres a lighter and darker version

• Reply dreamer January 21, 2009 at 12:53 pm

One of Charly’s angels…

• Reply Pepekun January 21, 2009 at 12:54 pm

I have the competition is Cameron Diaz.

To have if you like this.

Within the Dark there is a light that shines.

• Reply Moderator January 21, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Looks great, Pepekun. The colours in the second picture are milder, like it more. Well done and keep it up!

• Reply Conquest January 21, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Hmm, dunno if the code’ll work…Well, fifth pic in photoshop. Turned out ok. I added a glow to the wings because they seemed too transparent.

• Reply ocean_cruiser January 21, 2009 at 12:57 pm

Great result (to me) Conquest…keep them coming!!!

• Reply Cinnamon January 21, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Great tut as usual Lorelei

Wow mine does not even begin to look half as good as everyone else’s. You all are so very talented. Well here is my stab at it. My question is that everytime I try to resize a photo sometimes the pixels look hazy, how can I prevent this. Do you see how it happened to the water portion.

• Reply Devilsh January 21, 2009 at 12:58 pm

First of all Lorelei u’r great! Saw this tutorial on a homepage, and decided to join this world.

Im a newb I made one of thus images too, but the part with the sun went wrong in somehow!

• Reply Lorelei January 21, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Hi Devilsh, thanks for your complement!! I absolutely love your image, it has this mysterious fog effect that no one made so far! i wouldnt say that the sun is wrong, apart from been not lit… when u applied the light spot, was it exactly on the sun, or has it gone on the waves, near the girl? (because it looks like it did). seems to me the light spot is on her left wing, not the sun…

• Reply Deptul January 21, 2009 at 1:06 pm

What are you think about this:

• Reply Duds88 January 21, 2009 at 1:07 pm

I had a go too, lol. I enjoyed doing this one. Going to fid somewhere to use it.
    The symbol in the moon is a Valknut/valknot the symbol of the slain who gave their lives to Odin in Norse mythology. The girl holds a Viking sword, and with her wings resembles a Valkyrie.

Valkyries swooped down on the battle field and took the Einherjar, or fallen warriors, (only some, the bravest, were chosen) and carried them off to Valhalla, the Norse heaven.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

• Reply Lurnas January 21, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Duplicate the layer with the girl and put it under the original girl, now create a motion blur with settings of you choice in the girls center(!)
    At last reduce the occapacity (right this way? ^^) of the new layer.

Lurnas
    Edit/Delete Message

• Reply Bangboy January 21, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Looks great…really! I especially like the girl on the background…fits really good…

• Reply Steel January 21, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Well, here is my contribution..
    It’s my first “artwork” with Photoshop!

• Reply jumper January 21, 2009 at 1:20 pm

I found this tutorial and really liked it so i tried too. This is what i got, lol.
    It was my first try..maybe next time i’ll do it better, hehe.
    Feel free to comment and give me sugestions. (i had troubles with the moon ;-( ).

• Reply Ro-G January 21, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Thanks for this tutorial. I learnd alot from it.

• Reply Sera January 21, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Hi, thanks for this amazing tut! This is the first time i have really tried using photoshop and although i need alot of practice, your tut made it so much easier!
    Anyway..here’s my go…….

• Reply highwayman January 21, 2009 at 1:23 pm

I really enjoyed this tut lorelei, nice work. And great job everyone on your results. When I saw this the other day I decided to use a few aspects of it to create a football signature I was working on.

• Reply Em1Z January 21, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Oh my god, this is a very great tutorial!! It was very useful for me! Thanks…
    I was kind of searching for something like this.

• Reply Amroj January 21, 2009 at 1:25 pm

I was surfing on the net searching for inspiration and saw this lovely tut

• Reply alsanabell January 21, 2009 at 1:27 pm

• Reply lainess January 21, 2009 at 1:28 pm

i made this last week, im a newB so i followed all the steps and copy the images except for the clouds and the wings! thats all the wings i have! i really enjoyed doing this and your tutorials are so easy to follow! thnks again!

• Reply kitten7275 January 21, 2009 at 1:28 pm

This was a vary easly tutorial! I will show my pic as soon as I get it posted onto photobucket! Thanks Lorelie!

• Reply kitten7275 January 21, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Here it is! Hope you like it!

• Reply FinalStrand January 21, 2009 at 1:30 pm

nice one :O

• Reply Dilfill January 21, 2009 at 1:31 pm

heres my outcome. I didnt realy read your tut lol

• Reply gswrulez January 21, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Here’s my try at it… Its my first try at something big in photoshop, never actually learnt photoshop, only fiddled with the filters and tried to make display pictures with em, so here goes…

Damn. Its too large. It can be viewed at 147.photobucket.com/albums/f163/gswrulez/FantasyWork.jpg , though. Comments and tips and advice and stuff will be appreciated. Criticisms too, preferably constructive.

• Reply Darksong2006 January 21, 2009 at 1:33 pm

My own go at it. Yay.

• Reply sanjayrana January 21, 2009 at 1:34 pm

REALLY LIKE UR WORK lorelei..

hey here i tried 2 work wid the same image but used a diff background…, in this the mountain , the sea ,the shore,& the small house r diff images merged.. sowy guyz the image wudnt b tht gud cause had 2 sav it wid low resolution 2 upload it…

WUD LIKE 2 HAV UR SUGGESTIONS….WID WHT I HAV DONE

• Reply R@ngi January 21, 2009 at 1:35 pm

This would have to be the best tutorial that i have found so far (i ve turened both my girls into dark fairies then used the vampire tut as well)one question though what settings colour levels should you use for a firey sunset as most of my photos are of this sort of nature. thanks again for a great tutorial nice to have one that does the whole picture

Cheers R@ngi

• Reply geralama January 21, 2009 at 1:36 pm

thanks for this tutorial, its awesome.
    im a beginner and i found this very helpful.

i gave it ago with my dog instead!
    thanks alot again

• Reply stormwire January 21, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Thanks for the brush and pic links they will come in very handy Ive never tried fantasy so I thought this would be a good tut to start with. I went with different pics but the idea is still similar…….

• Reply Ravenwolf January 21, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I did mine a few days ago but didn’t post it yet. Here it is though I’m not sure my image looks solid enough, or something…I don’t know. It probably depends on

• Reply sexyposh January 21, 2009 at 1:54 pm

wow very great tut lorelei.. i love fantasy art.. im still working out on it… hehe…

• Reply sexyposh January 21, 2009 at 1:54 pm

here it is.. i used my own pic… thanks to lorelei for this wonderful tut.. its hard tho but i made it! and i love it…

• Reply Sylvesterin January 21, 2009 at 1:55 pm

This is my try

To lazy for the fwings thou

• Reply tammsyshere January 21, 2009 at 1:56 pm

This is one popular tutorial and I can see why! I’ll try it and post my result.

• Reply Lorelei January 21, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Sylvesterin, you have incredible colors in your composition, its sooo neatly done, i absolutely love it. may i ask what clouds did u use and what seashore? jeee, how did u achieve such a colours scheme?

sexyposh, glad u liked the tut and thanks for sharing ur result! i like what u did tho i think u should crop the images more carefully, on pars like hair u can always go over the edge with eraser tool with soft edge to avoid pixelated edges…

• Reply tammsyshere January 21, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Here’s a darker version, using a black/white gradient, invert layer and three different photo filters. I love the outcome:

• Reply chang January 21, 2009 at 2:01 pm

This one i made, with a different cloud picture, and a different girl..
    she’s actually my friend..

• Reply WoObi January 21, 2009 at 2:01 pm

the tut was great, i haven’t been able to see the settings clearly.. i only saw a little image and i can’t quite finish what i’ ve started without having full knowledge of the original settings. thanks!

• Reply latinbutterfly January 21, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Loved this one. Worked with my own pictures. This is how mine came out. I am still a beginner. Bear with me please.

• Reply latinbutterfly January 22, 2009 at 8:20 am

This is what mine came out looking like. I am new to photoshop so please be gentle with me. I hope to be awesome like you one day. Right now…you are the one pushing me to learn.

• Reply tallie January 22, 2009 at 8:21 am

I think if you have the opacity on the wings just a little bit higher I think it will be a bit better. But I love that picture! That girl is very very pretty =)

• Reply gijenister January 22, 2009 at 8:21 am

nice job

I really enjoyed this tut. Here is how mine came out. I think some of it could have been a bit lighter but over all I like it.:)

• Reply 4thhorsemen January 22, 2009 at 8:22 am

this is a really cool tut. thew possibilitys of me useing actually are kinda low lol. im not much of a fairy person. but i admire the work 🙂

• Reply WPmaster January 22, 2009 at 9:43 am

Wow amazingly done by lorelei… Keep up the good work…

• Reply jaybee January 22, 2009 at 9:44 am

HI GUYS, I`m all new to this, been using photoshop cs3 for 3 months and ffollowing some of your tutorials, this is my rendition, comments are very necessary for me to grow,

• Reply azhippie January 22, 2009 at 9:45 am

and my first try at an online tutorial…
    I used a pic of me taken at my Handfasting.

I love this kind of art. Thanx so much so the tuts here, they are great.
    (It looks much better as a wallpaper and not this small size though)

• Reply gutones January 22, 2009 at 9:45 am

i dont like so much those gothic pics, but it’s nice to learn

• Reply plasticheedcase January 22, 2009 at 9:45 am

yeah, the second one is good, but the figure wasnt cut properly, and i feel it let me down, but thanks anywhay

• Reply druid.priestess January 22, 2009 at 9:46 am

thanks…it is people like you who have so much talent that you are not afraid to give away the world…
    I have an old adobe set about 5 years old…the whole kit. I am looking at paintshop pro, but I only have a trial…what do you suggest…should I buy a new photoshop, or would I be able to get downloads off of cnet and so forth?
    thanks for this great tutorial. I will have to attempt it. I do faerie spells and I like as much faerie grafix as I can get….thanks again, and if I get into this, I will be sure to pay you first. Love your giving nature.
    blessings

• Reply Elfdaughter January 22, 2009 at 9:47 am

Plasticheedcase – please don’t discuss illegal operations like that on an open forum.

• Reply kaitenwyanis January 22, 2009 at 9:47 am

all of you are the best!!! 😀

I think I in the right place to learn photoshop 😀

• Reply YoungBuck92 January 22, 2009 at 9:47 am

is it possible to add halos or change the coloration of the clothes?

• Reply Nick M January 22, 2009 at 9:48 am

Just joined and came across this. Nice write up. 🙂

Here is my attempt. In retrospect there are a few things I would change but o well, I’ll take it for my first shot.

PS: What host do most people use? I have webshots and photobucket and they both pretty much kill quality and color.

• Reply kie January 22, 2009 at 9:48 am

So cool..but why I can’t make things work like this? the color doesn’t balance at all 🙁

• Reply horseshorses1 January 22, 2009 at 10:56 am

thanx…. can i ask you on question where are you from… i mean where were you borne????….
    becouse on a picture you have there are russian words why is that…. are you from Russia or somthing….

• Reply delarmedia January 22, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Hi all….well I signed up about 10 hours ago and then took my whirl at this fabulous tutorial. I had bookmarked it about a week ago but needed some practice before diving into this one. I played around for awhile and below is my final version. Thanks so much for the instructions; the tut has inspired my mind with further visions…great, I’m already a black belt in insomnia. :big: Hahaha! Wishing you all the best,

Rob del Arsante’

Credit to: Tut by Lorelei
    *Clouds from* FreeFoto.com
    *Stock model* Liam….liam-stock.deviantart.com
    *Grunge frame* Tackybrush……tackybrush.deviantart.com

• Reply CINDY March 3, 2009 at 8:17 pm

hollla muy chevere estos tutos para crear fantasia de la nada

gracias

• Reply Susan March 16, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Thank you for publishing this, I am very new to this type of art, and I enjoyed the challange. I am pleased with my result I used all my own pictures, now I will try again in my own style. I will look out for more of your tutorials

Susan

• Reply Narendra.s.v March 22, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Great tutorial there but i wonder is that Sunset Landscape or a Sunset Landscap.?!

• Reply daffodils March 29, 2009 at 9:32 am

nice tutorial…and easy to follow..thanks!really liked it…tried some for my pictures and it really is great!

• Reply 45 Fantastic Photoshop Photo Manipulation Effects | Designeezy April 19, 2009 at 11:54 am

[…] Dark Fantasy Art Photoshop tutorial – Fairy & Sunset Landscape […]

• Reply CgBaran Tuts May 4, 2009 at 9:53 am

Another great fantasy art work thanks

• Reply 45 Fantastic Photoshop Photo Manipulation Effects | Hello Money - Make Money Group May 24, 2009 at 8:04 am

[…] Dark Fantasy Art Photoshop tutorial – Fairy & Sunset Landscape […]

• Reply PS Wish » Blog Archive » Design Unforgettable Fantasy Art Scene “Silentio” June 17, 2009 at 12:34 am

[…] Fantasy Art tutorials. Following the enormous success of “Plasma in a Lake“, “Fairy and Sunset Landscape“, “Mysterious moonlit landscape“, and “Sinking Moon Eclipse” (and […]

• Reply KO MYINT MAUNG June 18, 2009 at 7:59 am

Nice but not easy and might have a good idea. I am collecting likewise lessons. Have a nice day!

• Reply 50 Imaginative Fantasy Art Tutorials for Photoshop : Speckyboy Design Magazine September 2, 2009 at 6:38 pm

[…] Fairy and Sunset Landscape […]

• Reply 50 Imaginative Fantasy Art Tutorials for Photoshop | 77even September 2, 2009 at 11:53 pm

[…] Fairy and Sunset Landscape […]

• Reply 50 Imaginative Fantasy Art Tutorials for Photoshop | huibit05.com September 3, 2009 at 10:59 am

[…] Fairy and Sunset Landscape […]

• Reply 50 Imaginative Fantasy Art Tutorials for Photoshop « rajagrafix September 4, 2009 at 9:34 am

[…] Fairy and Sunset Landscape […]

• Reply 50 Imaginative Fantasy Art Tutorials for Photoshop | Ethiopian News September 4, 2009 at 10:35 pm

[…] Fairy and Sunset Landscape […]

• Reply Sezer Özkara Ki?isel Web Sitesi September 9, 2009 at 2:38 am

[…] Fairy and Sunset Landscape […]

• Reply Sezer Özkara Ki?isel Web Sitesi September 10, 2009 at 7:39 pm

[…] Fairy and Sunset Landscape […]

• Reply John1613 September 15, 2009 at 10:35 am

Very nice site!

• Reply 27 Excellent Planet and Space Photoshop Tutorials « Acris Design – Web Design Resources and Inspiration October 7, 2009 at 1:55 pm

[…] 16. Dark Fantasy Art Photoshop tutorial – Fairy and Sunset Landscap […]

• Reply Best Texture World October 7, 2009 at 11:16 pm

Very good tutorial, thanks.

• Reply Photoshop Fantasy Art Tutorials October 8, 2009 at 2:48 am

[…] Fairy and Sunset Landscape […]

• Reply 27 Excellent Planet and Space Photoshop Tutorials | huibit05.com October 8, 2009 at 1:53 pm

[…] 16. Dark Fantasy Art Photoshop tutorial – Fairy and Sunset Landscap […]

• Reply Best of: Glow – Photography and Design Inspiration « PS Wish October 26, 2009 at 2:41 am

[…] Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in tDark Fantasy Art Photoshop tutorial – Fairy aTutorial: Make Perfume Commercial in PhotoshoPure Glamour – Photoshop Tutorial for Making Fantasy […]

• Reply 50 Amazing and Useful Photoshop Photo Manipulation Tutorials | DesignBeep December 23, 2009 at 6:44 pm

[…] 38.Dark Fantasy Art Photoshop Tutorial […]

• Reply Stephen Webb January 14, 2010 at 11:07 am

This is another excellent tutorial and makes use of a range of effects that are powerful but take time to master. The lighting effects tool can be used very effectively if done correctly, as in this case.

The layer tools seem to have an infinite number of uses, and the outer glow methods as illustrated here certainly show their power. Using these and combining them with other effects such as levels and shadows can create stunning results.

I would like to see more tutorials like this, may be some that concentrate on using certain tools of Photoshop. Thanks for another useful tutorial!

• Reply Charlie Street February 7, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Nice tutorial! Thanks for that, tried to do it, bit harder then it looks though.

• Reply Mushroom Digital February 15, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Im going to have a good attempt at this tonight once I have wined down. Thanks.

• Reply Simran Khanna February 19, 2010 at 1:49 pm

You may control all aspects of your website but there are numerous factors beyond site optimization and measurement that impact your revenue directly.New firms seemingly come out of oblivion.

• Reply gPLisa February 23, 2010 at 1:34 am

People that would like to get good grades find a trustworthy custom writing service to order their academic essay at. The same actions I do too.

• Reply funny video October 19, 2011 at 10:58 am

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I have been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered vivid transparent idea

• Reply Grant Brookes November 7, 2011 at 7:17 am

I wish i had these types of tutorial when i started with Photoshop2 6 years back! every thing is so nicely explained!