Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake

This tutorial was originally posted on loreleiweb.com but due to technical reasons moved to pswish.com. The tutorial remains a copyright property of Lorelei (me!)

The requests for Fantasy Art tutorials are enormous, I still get emails and Pms from people asking to do more Fantasy Art tuts, so here is one more, called “Plasma” (Star, not the TV!) which I hope you’d enjoy.

1. Make a new canvas, we used 600*480 px here, but the size is of course optional.

2. Select the Gradient Tool, using two shades of blue (see below), fill your canvas, so that the darker colour will be on top.

3. Take a photo of a girl. Traditionally I am using Becca‘s photo from her Deviant Art account, but you can replace her with any semi-sitting figure of your choice. Crop the figure and paste her unto your canvas. In needed, resize her so that she will fit in.

4. To get rid of the visible crappy cropping, and to give the girl more emphasis, add blueish glow to her by going to Layer >> Layer Styles >> Outer Glow and applying the following settings:

This is what you would get:

5. Make a new Layer. Make sure your primarily and secondary colours are black and white. Go to Filter >> Render >> Clouds

Pages: 1 2 3

• Reply Chronos January 11, 2009 at 9:34 am

Wow..this is great…methinks this will inspire me to get my creative head back on as I have not done anything for some time now…AND it was one of your Tuts that got me started in the first place. I just love the peacefulness about this picture, yet it is vibrant. Thanks for sharing it with us.

• Reply SandeRRednaS January 11, 2009 at 9:35 am

i love it, really cool tut liza

• Reply Ravenwolf January 11, 2009 at 9:35 am

Great job Liza! I really like this one too! The rings around the girl are really vibrant and fun! I can’t wait to try it sometime.

• Reply liquidadmin January 11, 2009 at 9:36 am

I really wish I could design
    Great job as always Lorelei.

• Reply knottz January 11, 2009 at 9:37 am

great tut ,still got a long way to go before I could start doing these great fantasy art worx. heheeehee

• Reply Elfdaughter January 11, 2009 at 9:37 am

Hmm, thanks for this, Lor! I think I might use the idea for the ‘magic circles’.

• Reply Lorelei January 11, 2009 at 9:38 am

Wow, thanks for the feedback guys, I am really happy to hear you liked it, I was not sure if the tutorial is actually any good when I posted it, well, hopefully it will get accepted on Good-tutorials

• Reply Pilot January 11, 2009 at 9:38 am

I absolutely love this tut!!i’m definetly trying this one!!i’ll post my results once i’m finished!!thanks a lot Liza!!!

• Reply Millionaire January 11, 2009 at 9:39 am

I would have seen more blending on the girl and a darker background, but I think it’s very helpful to some people!

• Reply Ravenwolf January 11, 2009 at 9:39 am

Ok so I had time today to do this one at work. I really liked it. I want to maybe use this same image to do something with wings or add a bit more.

• Reply Lorelei January 11, 2009 at 9:39 am

Ravenwolf, your stars and cycles look far better than mine, they have more of a natural flow and I really love it. i think u could have blended the girl in a bit more, the image is very colorful and stands out, BUT – overall i think you have made an awesome job!

• Reply Dreleen January 11, 2009 at 9:40 am

Nice result guys! I need to get me some sparkle brushes those look so fun! ^_^

• Reply Ravenwolf January 11, 2009 at 9:51 am

@ Lorelei, Hehe, it’s funny to hear you say “the girl” because that is me..lol.

Anyway yeah I was thinking it seemed like it may be too bright, but I forgot to fix that, your image was originally with dark clothing, so it didn’t look so out of place. I will have to change that sometime.

@ Dreleen, yeah they are fun! I have some planet-y ones with stars and moons etc. and thanks!

• Reply Nike January 11, 2009 at 9:52 am

Nice! can i get those brushes?

• Reply Joeri January 11, 2009 at 9:52 am

@ Nike; you can find those brushes at Deviantart in the download sector.

@ Lorelei; this is definately one of you best tutorials Lorelei. There are some good effects used in this fantasy art which will become helpfull among the most of us in making other designs. Actually no remark on this tutorial. Great job

@ Ravenwolf. I also like your creation alot. Maybe you should have used a bigger landscape so the composition would be a bit nicer. But overall also a great job.

• Reply tammsyshere January 11, 2009 at 1:36 pm

This site is fantastic. Here’s mine:

• Reply Lorelei January 11, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Thanks tammsyshere for your comment about our site and for sharing your result. it looks stunning, i really love the colours you added, looks more vivid. the stars looks more like snowflakes to me, but it is really really beautiful!

• Reply tammsyshere January 11, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Thank you! You deserve a lot of credit though, for sharing your creativity and making things so easy to understand. Much appreciated.

• Reply Joeri January 11, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Nice work there indeed tammsyshere. You’ve used a nice model for this tutorial. Hands for example want to touch the water etc…
    Maybe those stars are like Lorelei said, not really stars, and some of them are too bright. But that’s nothing compared with the whole art.

Hope to see more of your work soon

• Reply Frerunner January 11, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Thnx for the good Tutorial. i usually dont try the more advanced tutorials but on this one i whanted to make a try. I ended up a bit offroad, but this is the image i created whit inspiration from your tut..

• Reply Leila January 11, 2009 at 1:41 pm

hi, The tutorial is lovely, Props due,
    I had a little go myself and wanted to change it to make it different, it goes a little something like this,
    Oops just realised I have untidy edges, must work on the cutting from background thing!

• Reply biglou2g January 11, 2009 at 1:42 pm

i found this tut on good-tutorials and i havent wanted to make a graphic in a while and this made me really want back in the swing of things. the lighting sucks i know but otherwise i think it came out alright, im glad i made it take a look

• Reply dream_sky January 12, 2009 at 7:40 am

wahhh that coool i will try it later thanks dear for your hard working ^^

• Reply Sakurai January 12, 2009 at 7:40 am

I just love this tutorial ^___^ Really easy to understand even for a newbie like me and awesome results. Thx Lorelei I’ve tried it out and this is what I came up with…

• Reply umedia January 12, 2009 at 7:41 am

hello again. here is mine, i know i have to make many adjustments but thanks for the great tutorial

• Reply PJC Design January 12, 2009 at 7:42 am

Great tutorial.

I used it to create this:

• Reply devin yadav May 10, 2012 at 7:39 am

hy
      which software r u using to make this kind of pics
      plzzzz mail me the link of that software

• Reply mylifeinfiction January 12, 2009 at 7:42 am

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Lorelei ?
    I need to see if she can work on a project I need done asap!!!
    Please tell her to hit me up at : mylifeinfiction@gmail.com

Please forward this to her Thank You!

ej*

• Reply Estone January 12, 2009 at 7:43 am

LORELEI!!! This might be your best tutorial yet!!

I am going to try this one today here in Mexico and see how it comes out. But its absolutly awesome and well detailed.

• Reply obisi January 12, 2009 at 7:46 am

Great tut. However, I am still unable to reproduce the glow effect behind the girl. I feel some steps are either assumed or I am just too daft to follow the steps. In step 9, I don’t know how to remove the overlapping layers of the clouds as suggested. In step 22, I was unable to get the levels instruction to do anything to my image (no change with the settings made). If only someone can advise on how to get the great glow behind the image, that would be sufficient for this novice. All I keep getting from the lighting effect is a spotlight on the image (from the front). I got other steps (the glow rings, stars, etc). Thx for your help.

• Reply Dreleen January 12, 2009 at 7:46 am

What I do for glows sometimes is dupe in a new the layer, shrink the image a tad so it sits behind the original, go into the layer options put an outer glow on and adjust the color and other settings like size and opacity.

BTW its always good to post a pic of your project and its issues so we can see what you are talking about.

• Reply obisi January 12, 2009 at 7:46 am

Thx. I will try that trick. I am not sure where or how I missed that step in the original tut.

• Reply Dark Chibi January 12, 2009 at 7:48 am

Umm I’m new here ^^ but here’s my outcome ^^’: http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1377/plasmaelfox8.jpg

• Reply Dreleen January 12, 2009 at 7:48 am

Nice result but the strong lite doesn’t really do with the dark muted back ground. Id tint her down a bit and blend her in a little more. Love the render btw

• Reply Dark Chibi January 12, 2009 at 7:49 am

Thanks for the comment ^^, the render is from Planet Renders.

• Reply Bosconian January 12, 2009 at 7:52 am

Well this was my first attempt at this one. I still have much work on cutting out hair to make it more realistic but overall I am happy with it. I wasn’t sure which brush set to use and grabbed one that wasn’t too bad and I need to work more on the perspective of the rings to create a more realistic effect but here it is …

• Reply darcwonn January 12, 2009 at 7:53 am

I could not do the plasma circles! I was doing so well until it came down to the plasma circles!!!!

• Reply zeaLous January 12, 2009 at 7:54 am

hey man i like what u did , but make it more faded so i blends in a little , but sweet effects !

• Reply ViciousXUSMC January 12, 2009 at 7:54 am

Pretty much followed the tut down to the letter, I can tell because I have more white near the center of the light source and stuff that it causes over exposure, so if your not using black like the tut has you may want to correct for that.

For the stars I found that just setting a size jitter, a opacity jitter, and scatter was a quick way to get it done, so hope nobody actually sat there and plotted them one at a time .

Here is what I came up with.

• Reply Lorelei January 12, 2009 at 7:55 am

obisi, if your layer is cropped and has a shape, just make sure this layer is selected, go to Layer >> Layer styles >>Outter Blog and apply even the default settings by just checking the box near “outter glow” and pressing okay. i love your result, its quite original and well done!

Dark Chibi, welcome to the forum I think the glow circles are maybe not glowing enough but i really love ur result, it’s glorious!

• Reply ViciousXUSMC January 12, 2009 at 7:55 am

and my 2nd try using a character from that new movie… stardust I think its called.

• Reply Ravenwolf January 12, 2009 at 7:55 am

I like the second one how she is coming out of the water…

and yeah i did “plot” the stars..but I am meticulous like that have to get everything where I want it.

• Reply marynela January 12, 2009 at 7:56 am

hy lorelei.i’m realy happy that you apreciate my work…..thast’s a picture of mee & my husbant on our wedding day…..i think i’ll thry some more of your tutorials…i reall love the fantasy tutorials …thank’s for them…bye

• Reply Number 7 January 12, 2009 at 7:56 am

This is my effort.
    I didn’t get the stars right.

• Reply mr_biotic January 12, 2009 at 7:56 am

hi, great tutorial but i was get stuck at flatten the image..what does it mean “flatten the image” and how to do it..

• Reply Joeri January 12, 2009 at 7:57 am

This is what I came up with. I didn’t use all technics Lorelei has put in her tutorial and added some by myself.

• Reply jaynee January 12, 2009 at 7:57 am

I enjoyed doing that one. I had a bit of trouble with the lighting as my colours are lighter it looked burnt out. It would have been better if I had centred it better as well.

• Reply mheinjr January 12, 2009 at 7:58 am

I was messing around with this Tutorial A+++ Love it!!!

I noticed the smudges on there faces, and I thought it was when I did the circle blur. However it isn’t, I made multiple saves so I could go back and correct it, but I was just messing around… Thanks!!

• Reply Jade Phoenix January 12, 2009 at 7:58 am

Well, this *is* the first time I’ve made a fantasy art graphic– but it turned out much better than I’d expected. Though it isn’t as good as yours, Lorelei. -_-

• Reply Jade Phoenix January 12, 2009 at 7:59 am

I think I used lighter shades of blue… and the fact that the girl is initially colored in a shade of violet played quite a lot of havoc with the outcome. It doesn’t go well with the lovely atmosphere around. -meh- Still, I love the way it seems as if she’s emerging out of the water, and is suddenly surrounded by sparkling bands. ( woot for my imagination, lol~! )

• Reply Lorelei January 12, 2009 at 7:59 am

Jade, it looks really great for your first time, in fact it would have been an awesome outcome even for 10th time i think the circles should have been slightly brighter (or higher contrasted) but other than that looks superb! thanks for sharing your work with us!

• Reply devin yadav May 10, 2012 at 7:48 am

Hiiii
      i just want to know which software you were using for this pictures effects,i mean the tool
      plzzzz mail me the name n link for that software/tool
      thanx

• Reply Maffiew January 12, 2009 at 8:00 am

Heyy! Amazing tutorial Took me a while to figure out how to transform the cirlces so they look fuller ( and still didnt grasp it)

This is my outcome:

• Reply oneillz8o8 January 12, 2009 at 8:00 am

the biggest problem for me is the rings. just to make it more colored and more neon-like i suppose lol

thanks for the GREAT tutorial lorelei, this is my FAVORITE i have learned so far in photoshop

• Reply Pepekun January 12, 2009 at 8:01 am

This is what I have I throw. This is my work.

I ask pardon if I have lacked a lot to it paginates. I have been very busy.

• Reply MarPet January 12, 2009 at 8:02 am

Lorelie I first saw this tut in August and thought WOW.. you have some extremely interesting photo tuts, ideas, suggestions etc.. I can go on and on…

I have my hands in so many different things, however, I am back to learn what I should have months ago…

Keep up the good work, you and your team!!!

• Reply SandeRRednaS January 12, 2009 at 8:02 am

well liza i finally followed the tut

• Reply dapoetess2210 January 12, 2009 at 8:03 am

woah wow thats so darn awesome y hvnt u added the sparkles??

• Reply MarPet January 12, 2009 at 8:03 am

Totally WOW SandeRRednas – very nice, I like

Here is my final version after a few tries… I did not get the glow I wanted but I think everything else turned out pretty ok

• Reply Edzha87 January 12, 2009 at 8:04 am

Hi
    I`m kinda new to this too
    Liked this tut a lot, tnx Lorelei
    Well anyway, her`s may outcome…

• Reply Pepekun January 12, 2009 at 8:04 am

Congratulations, I really like the design that has done so. ^__^ I liked also that of Hayden Panetierre. And others, thanks.

My like More tutos Fantastics news, thanks.

• Reply tubuhere January 12, 2009 at 8:05 am

can u please send me the psd file for this grt work. i am a beginner in photoshop please help me.. i tried this one bt could nt manage to get even the half of it. please pleas please send it to me(tubuhereatgmaildotcom)

• Reply dem0x7 January 12, 2009 at 8:06 am

Here is what I got, tell me guys what you think!!

• Reply adamaq January 12, 2009 at 8:06 am

*dies*

i lov the glow effect and blue is my fav color.Good job.

• Reply Bex January 12, 2009 at 8:11 am

Just came across your blog today, which subsequently led me to this page. I absolutely love this tutorial and I’ll be sure to try it out

Also, glad you allow others to post it as long as a link is included, i’ll be sure to add it onto GirlGamers It’s awesome. Think I’m gonna have fun

• Reply Magpie January 12, 2009 at 8:13 am

Your tutorials are awesomeness…cant wait to try them!!!

• Reply clubwarzs January 12, 2009 at 8:15 am

Once again thanks for the tut, I started it out ok, then somehow I went in forty other directions on it. I had problems with a few things but it was because I am still learning the tools and options. But I wanted to post the image I made but I have yet enough post to do so. So I will have to make a photobucket account for it.
    Untill then you can see it at my website…http://www.club-warzs.com

• Reply Andry January 12, 2009 at 3:08 pm

Nice…

• Reply Ryan January 19, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Simply put…THANKS!

You’ve given me food for thought and opened my creative horizons.

• Reply Faicalhajji January 26, 2009 at 5:36 am

Great tutorial !! easy to use and very practical 😛

thanks.. check out my pics on my website !

• Reply LOVE January 29, 2009 at 11:20 am

GREAT JOB MAN

U ROCK

EASY O US N UNDERSTAND

AND THANKS ALOT

• Reply mo'men ahmed February 4, 2009 at 11:13 am

it is great

• Reply Petra February 4, 2009 at 10:22 pm

I have some trouble with the rings, when I transform and add perspective I got 2 rings the one before transformation and the one I transformed?!? I did it like it says in tut, I tried to restart photoshop even restarted pc but every time when I try to add a percpective I end with two rings, and the first one I can’t erase. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Pleeeeeeeseee

• Reply liz February 10, 2009 at 12:53 am

9.Remember to remove the parts where layers turn to be on top of one another.

how do you do that?

• Reply Fantasy Art Photoshop - Photoshop Website - Tutorials,Brushes & more.. March 2, 2009 at 6:12 pm

[…] This is a fantasy art Photoshop tutorial and enables to create plasma star type effect around any image.check out here full tutorial […]

• Reply kino berlin March 3, 2009 at 5:27 am

Gut!

• Reply fussball March 3, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Gute Arbeit hier! Gute Inhalte.

• Reply 17 Outstanding Photoshop Glow Effect Tutorials and Brushes! March 4, 2009 at 2:55 pm

[…] Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake […]

• Reply 70+ Sexy, beauty and glamour Photoshop tutorials March 9, 2009 at 12:01 am

[…] Fantasy Art Photoshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake Another one Fantasy Art Photoshop tutorial following which you could learn how to use plasma photo effect to give a girl sexy and glamour look. […]

• Reply nazra March 10, 2009 at 4:52 am

Hi. thanks for this 😉

• Reply Elizabeth March 13, 2009 at 1:22 am

HI… I got lost with the star brushes step… im fresh new and i dont know how to get them… i download a star brushes set but i dont know what else to do.. i tried to open the zip file but i really dont know how to use it… i was so happy doing the others steps of the tutorial..lol
    Please help me… i really want to finish it!!!

• Reply sirish March 18, 2009 at 12:13 pm

great work guys how amazing the image as well as your brain also man.but how can i down load vedio tutorials please tell me i want to grow in my work

• Reply Comrie19 March 26, 2009 at 4:26 am

I’m brand new to photoshop. Was following along until step 9, “Remember to remove the parts where layers turn to be on top of one another.” How do you do this?

I’m stuck at this: http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/5662/22538357.jpg with my cloud layers crisscrossing.

• Reply Lorelei March 26, 2009 at 7:51 am

Comrie19, just select one of the layers that crisscrossing now, and using a big eraser tool brush with soft edge, remove the bits that lay on top of the other layer. it does not have to be all that neat since there will be background that will also help to “swallow” the mishaps. Also, you might want to add stronger glow effect to your girl, because you didn’t crop it very good, but adding stronger glow will help to fix this problem because them you won’t see the edges so clearly. Hope this helps, you are doing a great job so far!

• Reply professional photo retouch artist March 27, 2009 at 7:54 am

A really nice creative result in this tutorial. As aretouch artist I love coming to these tutorials asI learn so many useful and interesting tips and techniques!

• Reply PS Wish » Blog Archive » Design Unforgettable Fantasy Art Scene “Silentio” April 7, 2009 at 6:24 am

[…] from people asking to make more Fantasy Art tutorials. Following the enormous success of “Plasma in a Lake“, “Fairy and Sunset Landscape“, “Mysterious moonlit landscape“, and […]

• Reply Nick April 7, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Hi.. A great tutorial. but, I’m stucked @ almost last but the hard part.
    @ Step 17, I created the ring, adjusted the ring, but now when I use eraser tool for removing farther part behind the girl. It starts to fill up that ellipse?? I’m using Photoshop CS3. Can pls someone help?

• Reply Peter April 12, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Could you fix some of the broken image links please? finding out how you did everything myself makes everything so much harder

• Reply salim April 29, 2009 at 11:31 pm

hi, can you help me for step 10 or 11. because i can’t do step 10 or 11 can you give me detail step.

thanks.

• Reply balidreamhome May 14, 2009 at 3:18 am

Very nice creative works, great tutorial..

• Reply ??? May 20, 2009 at 6:18 am

????

• Reply Tim May 27, 2009 at 8:17 am

Amazing work with the strokes.. KIU! 😀

• Reply Aung Thu Hein June 1, 2009 at 9:26 am

thank you for sharing i am from myanmar
    i like your tutorial.thank you very much
    please contact me.i want friend to you

• Reply Mohan June 6, 2009 at 7:17 am

Thank U for publishing the tutorial it;s use for meny photoshop learner’s

• Reply abrar June 6, 2009 at 9:45 am

it is wonderfull

• Reply Dreamglow June 10, 2009 at 8:05 pm

I had a lot of fun with this tutorial! It covered basic things i didn’t know and then it showed me some tougher techniques that i’m still tweaking.
    thanks for your time to do this!

• Reply Rohan June 13, 2009 at 7:24 am

very nice this one and
    very nice use of photoshop.

• Reply Diptej Saner June 20, 2009 at 8:20 am

Thanx, i worked it out on myself and its looking really fantastic.

• Reply vaibhav June 20, 2009 at 6:44 pm

lovely effects of photoshop
    thakns

• Reply Johnny M Rio June 22, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Muito legal esse tutorial ! Parabéns ao autor ! Usei com meus alunos e foi um sucesso ! Abraço. Prof. João Marcelo – RJ/Brasil

• Reply pumpkincat210 June 30, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Fun and pretty tutorial. It was amazingly easy to reproduce and alter, thanks!

• Reply 50+ ????? ?? ??????? ?????? ??? Photoshop July 4, 2009 at 7:36 am

[…] Fantasy Art Photoshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake […]

• Reply Faseeh July 8, 2009 at 11:46 pm

Thankyou so much for that .. I made one from this and it was almost same Thanks

• Reply Alecita July 15, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Hi! I love this tutorial but I have a problem, when I have the circle I use the eraser but the line move where I move the tool. HELP ME What I can’t do?
    sorry for the words I can’t talk english good, thank you

• Reply walter July 16, 2009 at 7:02 pm

estubo fabuloso gracias por subir este tipo de material

• Reply nazcar July 22, 2009 at 6:40 am

great job.

• Reply anita July 22, 2009 at 10:10 am

Loved so much when see the expression on canvas very good job well done

• Reply 49 Harika Photoshop Dersi | Tecrübem.Net July 27, 2009 at 2:05 am

[…] 13. Fantastik I??k Efekti […]

• Reply NatRat August 1, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Great tuorial, thank you so much!

• Reply 10 Amazing Photo Effect Tutorials « adisetiya August 15, 2009 at 4:22 am

[…] 4. Fantasy Art […]

• Reply Photoshop Tutorial Collections « sishimaru August 31, 2009 at 10:05 am

[…] Fantasy Art Photoshop Tutorial—Plasma in the Lake – A great tutorial for creating a plasma-like lighting effect and photo manipulation. […]

• Reply 300+ Resources to Help You Become a Photoshop Expert | Synergy Webdesign August 31, 2009 at 1:41 pm

• Reply 300+ Resources to Help You Become a Photoshop Expert - partytow for all September 1, 2009 at 4:51 am

• Reply 300 more Resources to Help You Become a Photoshop Expert - tutsmore September 4, 2009 at 5:18 am

• Reply 300+ Resources to Help You Become a Photoshop Expert | huibit05.com September 5, 2009 at 11:01 am

• Reply 10 Favolosi Tutorial Photoshop Lighting Effects | JuliusDesign September 15, 2009 at 3:16 pm

[…] Leggi il Tutorial – [Pswish] […]

• Reply » 10 Favolosi Tutorial Photoshop Lighting Effects September 15, 2009 at 3:20 pm

[…] Leggi il Tutorial – [Pswish] […]

• Reply 10 tutoriales Photoshop – Lighting Effects September 17, 2009 at 10:51 am

[…] Lee el Tutorial – [Pswish] […]

• Reply AnnaHopn September 20, 2009 at 10:09 am

Thank you! I would now go on this blog every day!
    Thanks

• Reply Zoran September 22, 2009 at 6:03 am

Interesting, I`ll quote it on my site later.
    Zoran

• Reply none4nile September 24, 2009 at 11:54 am

Thx! This blog really helps me get improve of Photoshop! thx..

• Reply Nanzeen September 28, 2009 at 6:26 pm

cool- i love this- its so helpful and cool looking

• Reply 70 Dazzling Light Effect Photoshop Tutorials « Acris Design – Web Design Resources and Inspiration September 29, 2009 at 2:11 pm

[…] 30. Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake […]

• Reply 70 Dazzling Light Effect Photoshop Tutorials | huibit05.com September 30, 2009 at 4:17 pm

[…] 30. Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake […]

• Reply sEcrEt October 3, 2009 at 5:40 pm

WOW…..THATS A NICE TUTORIAL I REALLY LOVED IT.AND IT HELP ME FROM EDITING SOME COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ELLIPSE THANKS!!!!!!.

• Reply 31+ Sexy Photoshop Tutorials - Hidden Pixels October 3, 2009 at 6:34 pm

[…] Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake […]

• Reply BestPSTutorials-TR October 8, 2009 at 12:05 am

Good tuts.

• Reply diah October 8, 2009 at 11:43 am

great tutorial..thaks so much..

• Reply ???? ?? ???? ??? ??????? ??? ?????? ?? ??? ????.. October 11, 2009 at 3:18 pm

[…] […]

• Reply Really Cool Photoshop Effects Part II : Graphic Design Blog & Graphics News Blog October 12, 2009 at 6:19 am

[…] Plasma Fantasy Art Effect Are you a big fan of fantasy novels? Or are you just a big fan of fantasy […]

• Reply 101 of the Most Amazing Photoshop Lighting Effects Tutorials October 18, 2009 at 2:46 am

[…] Plasma in the Lake […]

• Reply sshanta October 18, 2009 at 8:50 am

Interesting tutorial. I always accept this type of job. Thanks to u. please send this type of tutorial. thanks

• Reply Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake « PS Wish | Photoshop Tutorials October 19, 2009 at 2:55 am

[…] See more here: Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake « PS Wish […]

• Reply Rufor October 19, 2009 at 3:40 pm

Greatings, Where are you from? Is it a secret? 🙂
    Rufor

• Reply clippingimages October 21, 2009 at 3:07 am

I had gone through your tutorials. It was fantastic a have no words to describe it.Thanks very much for the this tutorials page.I think people who cannot afford to to join classes can do so in this tutorial.

• Reply boyke October 22, 2009 at 7:45 pm

great, thats a nice tutorial, and i’m waitng more your editing. thank u …

• Reply 24 Amazing Photoshop Tutorials :: Reflex Stock Photo Blog October 28, 2009 at 12:26 pm

[…] Create a Photo Manipulation of a Flooded City Scene 3. Designing a Typographic Concept Poster 4. Fantasy Art 5. Flying Girl in Photoshop <6. Light in the Forest Photo Effect 7. Creating a Grungy […]

• Reply Biju Subhash November 3, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Great tutorial

• Reply Photo Retouching November 7, 2009 at 2:17 am

beautiful effect, thanks Lorelei

• Reply amith.s.raj November 10, 2009 at 5:26 pm

hmmm…Great tut thnx 4 this ……….

• Reply Datch96 November 15, 2009 at 11:40 am

woooooooow…..really nice tutorial.
    Can I take it and post it in another forum pleaseee??

• Reply Lorelei March 3, 2010 at 3:53 pm

To be honest we don’t allow re-publishing of our tutorials, as Google can penalize us for duplicated content, but it’s fine if you translate it to another language and post elsewhere, with a link back to us, as original source. Thanks!

• Reply Ferdy November 22, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Wow it’s worked out verry good for me thanks for the great tutorial. I’ve been get better in photoshop by it.

• Reply Adobe Photoshop Tutorials – Rainbows, Glows and Light Effects - Smashing Magazine January 6, 2010 at 2:55 pm

[…] layout in Photoshop, while revealing techniques for creating an abstract glowing centerpiece design.Fantasy Art Photoshop tutorialLearn to create a fantasy image with glowing halos of lights and stars. Notice how you can apply […]

• Reply tracksome January 19, 2010 at 2:20 pm

It’s a fantastic tutorial. I wish, I can do the same will be great day for me.

• Reply E-effect February 12, 2010 at 9:05 pm

what photoshop do you use?.

• Reply XxShaySuicidexX February 18, 2010 at 6:06 am

AHH!! Does anoyone have that pond photo she uses? That link doesn’t work, and it’s the perfest picture for the photoshop i’m doing

• Reply Lorelei March 3, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I made that tutorial back in 2006!! So I really don’t remember where I took the water pic from.. 🙁

• Reply 41 Nicest Photoshop Photo Effects « HUE Designer March 15, 2010 at 6:38 pm

[…] Fantasy Art […]

• Reply 41 nices photoshop effects « Agencija 027 S.N.O.B. March 18, 2010 at 1:26 am

• Reply jagadesh March 19, 2010 at 7:17 am

wow nice output

• Reply Living the dream » Blog Archive » photoshop???????larens April 9, 2010 at 10:34 am

[…] 3??????? 4???????? 5????? 6??? 7??????Photoshop?? 8????? 9??????? 10???????????? […]

• Reply 41 Nicest Photoshop Photo Effects [Photoshop Tutorials] « epubd.com April 24, 2010 at 3:16 pm

[…] Fantasy Art […]

• Reply lifestyle 100 wonderful photo effects Photoshop tutorialsstyle STYLE April 28, 2010 at 12:23 pm

[…] Fantasy Art […]

• Reply 41 Nicest Photoshop Photo Effects [Photoshop Tutorials] — My blog May 10, 2010 at 8:39 am

• Reply _027apRilyn _ May 20, 2010 at 5:06 am

..,.,.! ! .,.! _i’Tz so amAzinG grEat joB .,.,. !!! moRe blesSing’s tO coMe.,.,!!!

GoD BLess Us.,.,.!!!!

• Reply Rafay Nawaz May 24, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Thank You so much for sharing.

• Reply Arya Yudhapersia Wahyu May 29, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Amazing Technique, I Liket It, ThankZ I’m From Indonesia

• Reply Subhash June 3, 2010 at 7:49 am

topas its great topas project tussi great

• Reply 41 Superb Photoshop Tutorials For Attractive Photo Effects - Noupe June 20, 2010 at 1:58 pm

[…] Fantasy ArtIn this tutorial you will find some of best technique to beautify your photos. […]

• Reply 40 Superb Photoshop Tutorials For Attractive Photo Effects - Noupe June 22, 2010 at 12:41 pm

• Reply 40 Superb Photoshop Tutorials For Attractive Photo Effects - Programming Blog June 22, 2010 at 6:49 pm

• Reply brian June 23, 2010 at 2:54 am

Amazing, very usefull, thanks for sharing my friend

• Reply 40 Superb Photoshop Tutorials For Attractive Photo Effects « gabriel catalano | in-perfección June 23, 2010 at 4:09 pm

[…] Fantasy Art In this tutorial you will find some of best technique to beautify your photos. […]

• Reply 40 Superb Photoshop Tutorials For Attractive Photo Effects | internetz June 30, 2010 at 11:24 pm

• Reply Alice July 15, 2010 at 4:47 am

Good Evening!
    Can someone please kindly explain to me how to do steps 9-11.Thanks!

Alice

• Reply CONFUZZLED July 22, 2010 at 7:11 am

LOVE THE TUTORIAL
    but i was wondering how you remove the parts where the layers are overlapping
    the cloud layers….

• Reply CONFUZZLED July 22, 2010 at 7:12 am

LOVE THE TUTORIAL
    but i was wondering how you remove the parts where the layers are overlapping
    the cloud layers…. step 9

• Reply Nepal Tour Packages July 24, 2010 at 10:32 am

Nice Effect.

• Reply rient July 25, 2010 at 1:44 pm

i hope more simple tehnic, because i was beginning…… tq so much..

• Reply mcjith July 29, 2010 at 11:36 am

nice !!:-) thank 4 sharing

• Reply 26 Photoshop Retouching Tutorials : Spice Up Your Photography! | Tutorials | PelFusion.com August 4, 2010 at 7:17 pm

[…] pyrotechnics then this is the tutorial for you. Add stunning, lifelike fireworks to your images.13. Create Fantasy ArtAn easy and innovational way to make your picture look like something out of a universe of fantasy […]

• Reply 41 Nicest Photoshop Photo Effects « feegk August 6, 2010 at 5:48 pm

• Reply nilo August 10, 2010 at 7:55 am

wow… thanks for this tutorial i’m doing it and nearly finish…

• Reply hayley August 14, 2010 at 9:14 am

im kinda a beginer…so how do you crop? :

• Reply ale herrera August 25, 2010 at 4:00 pm

y yo q se lo q dice esta todo en ingles
    foo

• Reply Wendy October 21, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Hello

Thank you for this fab tutorial, I’m in the middle of making a wedding present but i am stuck on the lightening part of the instructions. The image of the settings is too small for me to see, please could you give me the settings? The subsequent image is also small.

Much appreciated.

• Reply rei October 22, 2011 at 5:05 am

uapik tenannnnn…….TOP!
    Thanks….Lorelei.

• Reply M iRfan October 29, 2011 at 3:01 pm

hmmmm…excelent
    thanx…

• Reply ruiinz curvesnedges,mumbai November 10, 2011 at 2:15 pm

simple and very nice above all very thoughtful and artistic manipulation.

gudwork indeed

• Reply Nicest Photoshop Photo Effects | VapvaruN | Wp Experts November 11, 2011 at 4:59 am

• Reply lady November 14, 2011 at 10:22 am

hi! verry nice i could’nt not to try it but my result was not like you the glow of the circles didn’t work i really was Disappointed because it’s look very nice and i want to know how to do it

• Reply 35个Photoshop创建的神奇灯光效果教程 | Jackchen Design 1984 November 19, 2011 at 1:22 pm

[…] 血浆中的湖 […]

• Reply [Pic]35个Photoshop创建的神奇灯光效果教程 « 朝九✓晚五 November 19, 2011 at 4:53 pm

[…] 血浆中的湖 […]

• Reply Moods and Effects « Remember Design? November 22, 2011 at 1:22 am

[…] used the Plasma fantasy effect I found here, and I really like how it turned out. Even though it doesn’t really fit in with the band […]

• Reply 40+ Nicest Photoshop Photo Effects -Photoshop Tutorials | ExceptionHandle.com November 22, 2011 at 7:20 pm

[…] Fantasy Art […]

• Reply 40 Superb Photoshop Tutorials For Attractive Photo Effects | Naper Design | Chicago Web Development and Designer November 26, 2011 at 1:55 am

• Reply 42 Nicest Photoshop Photo Effects -Photoshop Tutorials | ExceptionHandle.com November 26, 2011 at 3:40 am

[…] Fantasy Art […]

• Reply 30+ Nicest Photoshop Photo Effects -Photoshop Tutorials | ExceptionHandle.com December 2, 2011 at 3:45 am

• Reply fikret December 13, 2011 at 6:46 pm

amazing,great thenx for this useful tutorial

• Reply Rocky December 18, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Nice tutorial… found many new things while making mistakes 🙂 its fun…
    thanks.

• Reply kushal_edogawa December 22, 2011 at 1:56 pm

helps please
    can someone tell me how to change the background color n how to use GRADIENT TOOL…
    im becoming mad
    plz..
    kushal_aujayeb@live.com
    or

• Reply rubby December 25, 2011 at 11:26 am

how downloaded this programm?

• Reply nitin January 1, 2012 at 10:01 am

nice one..

• Reply Ray Helmuth January 9, 2012 at 6:22 am

I really like and appreciate your blog post.Thanks Again. Cool.

• Reply Steven Vento January 22, 2012 at 3:18 am

Great blog article. Cool.

• Reply shiv January 24, 2012 at 8:02 am

wow , superb . fabulous effects.

• Reply ed January 31, 2012 at 8:07 am

Great tutorial, please update the image links the last few steps the images are no longer available. Can’t see the settings.
    Thanks.

• Reply ed January 31, 2012 at 8:21 am

Also, on your final image your blues are vibrate almost like a lightsaber style rotoscoping. Mine nor the one girl who posted the picture came out like that. Maybe because I could not see those last few steps. Who knows. Hopefully the OP still checks this.

• Reply Jen March 21, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Great tut loved it. I dont know if you read this anymore but the last few steps are missing and the lighting effect gets applied to the girl image if you dont know what the filter settings are and she kinda looses her skin tone. Can you fix this tut?….much appreciated, great job!

• Reply 25 Astonishing Image Editing Tutorials | Powerweave Studio March 9, 2012 at 8:04 am

• Reply 41最好的Photoshop照片特效 | Mr_张的博客 June 11, 2012 at 9:05 am

[…] 幻想艺术 […]

• Reply Webdesign July 17, 2012 at 3:36 pm

looks very cool!

• Reply 30 Photoshop Tutorials, Effects Speak a Thousand Words | CreatiWittyBlog July 21, 2012 at 6:11 pm

[…] Fantasy Art […]

• Reply Photoshop Photo Editing Effects Photoshop Tutorials | Tech Tips July 24, 2012 at 6:43 am

[…] 5. Fantasy Art Photoshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake […]

• Reply dallas commercial photographer August 12, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Very nice tutorial. I’m going to give it a try.

• Reply antonios nasser December 29, 2012 at 6:08 pm

guys the three pics, i cant see get their numbers and values, so I cant apply the lighting effect… plz help

• Reply lavsa September 7, 2012 at 2:43 pm

its make me so easy to understand….thanks lorelei

• Reply 250 photography tutorials - MegaTeacher | Let's start learning September 16, 2012 at 6:43 am

[…] More tasty treats at Fantasy art tutorial on Lorelei Web Design […]

• Reply ali.khan November 2, 2012 at 6:52 am

alone but happy dil

• Reply The Swede December 11, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Nice tut, but the last 3 pics are too small to see??

• Reply Technical Work: Tutorials Part ONE | Group 3 Yue Shun WONG Learning Journal November 27, 2012 at 6:35 pm

[…] 1.          http://loreleiwebdesign.com/2008/07/05/fantasy-art-photopshop-tutorial-plasma-in-the-lake/ […]

• Reply Mark December 27, 2012 at 10:21 am

HELP PLEASE
    Can’t open the tutorial images of “lightning effect” and the one after them!

• Reply NEW FEATURE - Photography Tutorials - Page 2 December 30, 2012 at 12:27 am

[…] complete with stars. Now where did I leave those unicorn stock photos? More tasty treats at Fantasy art tutorial on Lorelei Web Design 2 – Taking Clone PhotographsA very exciting and cool tutorial about combining clone photos to a […]

• Reply 20 Most Amazing Photo Effects Photoshop Tutorials - Aha Daily February 19, 2013 at 3:08 am

[…] Read & Try […]

• Reply 40 Amazing Photoshop Light Effect Tutorials | Blog February 28, 2013 at 9:45 pm

[…] Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake – MORE INFO […]

• Reply 40 Amazing Photoshop Light Effect Tutorials | Web Development, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing Guru February 28, 2013 at 10:15 pm

[…] Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake – MORE INFO […]

• Reply Tutorials Get » Fantasy Art in the Lake March 8, 2013 at 2:51 pm

[…] Source:  loreleiwebdesign.com […]

• Reply Richard Stamps Photography March 14, 2013 at 10:40 am

I found so many interesting in your blog especially its discussion. keep up the good work.

• Reply Photoshop için 30 Mükemmel Fotoğraf Efekti March 15, 2013 at 9:12 pm

[…] Fantasy Art Fotoğraflar Yaratın […]

• Reply Psychics April 8, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Whoa. That was a good read. I will digg this web-site for later.

I like your style.

• Reply 41 Nice Effect Of Photoshop - Design.Development & Technology April 21, 2013 at 10:01 am

[…] Fantasy Art […]

• Reply 20+ Awesome Photoshop-Effects Tutorials | ZDWired April 24, 2013 at 5:19 am

[…] Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial […]

• Reply 30 Extraordinary Photoshop Tutorials to Master Photo Effects May 3, 2013 at 4:44 am

• Reply funny jokes May 9, 2013 at 8:23 pm

that is so easy thank u

• Reply 20 Seriously Epic Photoshop Effects | Seriously Epic Stuff June 14, 2013 at 3:58 pm

[…] 5. Fantasy Art Photoshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake […]

• Reply Photoshop Tutorial Design | AoQy Site July 22, 2013 at 12:00 pm

[…] Plasma Design […]

• Reply How To Create Photoshop Light Effect Tutorials | Papa Lim July 27, 2013 at 6:47 am

[…] Fantasy Art – Plasma in the Lake – DETAILS […]

• Reply 34 Excellent and Best Photoshop Photo Effects Tutorials [Part I] | Platina Studio Blog July 28, 2013 at 12:44 pm

[…] 16. Fantasy Art to your photo with lighting effects […]

• Reply Cool Picture Effects PhotoShop Free Tutorials | Technology Bell August 20, 2013 at 8:23 am

[…] View The Tutorial […]

• Reply 20 Tutorial Edit Photo Photoshop Effect - Photoshop Tutorial Indonesia November 5, 2013 at 4:53 am

[…] 11. Fantasy Art […]

• Reply Adobe Photoshop Tutorials – Rainbows, Glows and Light Effects | Internet Business March 26, 2014 at 5:32 pm

[…] Fantasy Art Photoshop tutorial Learn to create a fantasy image with glowing halos of lights and stars. Notice how you can apply glow directly to a cropped image. The tutorial creates the halos with the Elliptical Marquee tool. It applies a stroke and then a glow to the selection, on its own layer. […]

• Reply 46 Spectacular Photoshop Lighting Effects Tutorials March 31, 2014 at 7:45 pm

[…] Fantasy Art Photoshop Effect […]

• Reply 30 Mükemmel Photoshop Fotoğraf Efektleri - Türk Nikon October 27, 2014 at 3:48 pm

[…] Fantasy Art Fotoğraflar Yaratın […]

• Reply 41 Great Photoshop Tutorials for fantastic photo effects - WBD February 2, 2015 at 8:16 am

[…] Fantasy techniques for fantasy book covers and esoteric. […]

• Reply Traffic And Seo strategies Of Running An Entertainment Blog | bestbooty April 16, 2015 at 6:51 pm

[…] followers will notice that and ponder in case you are losing involvement in entertainment blog (loreleiwebdesign.com) your personal blog. Within event acquire bored same goes with these the […]

• Reply How To Create A Photo Manipulation Of A Flooded City Scene | Clarksville Chess Club January 12, 2016 at 4:39 am

[…] Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake … – Fantasy Art Photoshop tutorial Learn to create a fantasy image with glowing halos of lights and stars. Notice how you can apply glow directly to a cropped image. […]

• Reply Free Fresher Photoshop Effect Tutorial | Photoshop Video Tutorial February 12, 2016 at 1:13 pm

• Reply John January 20, 2018 at 10:02 am

Great work done, try social media agency and
    buy targeted soundcloud followers