Fantasy Art Photopshop Tutorial – Plasma in the Lake
19. Duplicate the layer a several times and each time transform the round using the prospective settlings, so that the circles chaotically surround the main figure’s body.
20. Remember to leave the “front” part of the circle visible and erase the “back” part of it. This is more or less what you should have by now:
21. Flatten the Layer.
22. Go to Image >> Adjustments >> Levels and apply the following settlings to give the image an overall bluish hue:
23. Duplicate the layer.
24. While the upper layer is selected (and your background colour in the palette is set to white), go to Filter >> Distort >> Diffuse Glow and apply these glow settings.
25. Reduce the opacity of the “glowing layer” to 20% (or less, depends on your image).
26. Flatten the layer again to merge both layers into one.
27. Using some star brushes (download free on deviant Art resources page), apply the stars chaotically around and allover the glowing cycles.
28. Select the background layer (the artwork, not the stars) and to to Renters >> Lightening effect, apply the following spot light effect twice.
29. Get back to Stars layer, and go to Layer >> Layer Styles >> Outer Glow, and add the following glow using white #ffffff colour.
30. Duplicate the stars layer.
31. Go to Filter >> Blur >> Radial Blur and apply these settings.
You may choose to reduce the opacity of this layer if you feel the rounded blurred effect is too strong. That’s it, your artwork is ready:
Download my poorly cropped Render: